about the institute
Bombay City Eye Institute & Research Centre (BCEIRC) houses modern and technologically advanced, top end facilities for diagnosis, treatment and care of the eyes. The entire team of BCEIRC makes patients their primary focus because we believe that, no matter how far technology advances in the field of medicine, it needs people to support it, with skill and warmth of the 'human touch'.
Bombay City Eye Institute and Research Centre is located at the heart of South Mumbai and it was founded by renowned ophthalmic surgeon Dr. Kulin Kothari. The Chairman & Medical Director of BCEIRC, Dr. Kulin Kothari is a professional in his field with 33 years of dedicated practice behind him.
BCEIRC is the finest eye specialty institute in the city which provides personalized, high quality eye care and serves across all specialties in eye care. We have high-end surgical theatres at par with international standard equipped with cutting edge technology and a team of highly qualified, professional and dedicated doctors.
We endeavor to reach out all section of our society.
- Is the most comprehensive eye care Institute in Western India and amongst the very few in India.
- Has successfully operated more than hundred thousand patients over the last 30 years, from more than 38 coutries.
- Is staffed by specialists in the field of ophthalmology and fully equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and surgical equipment imported from the world's leading manufacturers.
- Renders eye care services that follows the highest international norms, practices and standards and is widely perceived by the ophthalmic fraternity as a Centre of excellence with ethical management practices.
- Has received ISO 9001:2000 Certification for Quality Management.
- Is a reputed centre for training eye surgeons. National Board of Examinations, New Delhi has authorized BCEIRC to run a 3-year post-graduate program which leads to the degree of DNB (Diplomat of National Board) in Ophthalmology.
- Academic activities for the medical and paramedical staff are a regular part of the Continuing Medical Education Program
- Is carrying out extensive charitable work for the less privileged rural masses of India through its not-for-profit affiliate, VISION FOUNDATION OF INDIA.